YMCA Locations That Offer Special Needs Swimming Instructions - REDUCE THE RISK!
Don't let your child become another statistic!
June 18, 2012
Did you know...
- Drowning is a leading cause of injury-related death in children
- For each drowning death, it is estimated that at least 1 to 4 children suffer a serious nonfatal submersion event, many of which leave children with permanent disabilities
- Children with Autism are more likely to be drawn to water than most children and often have a tendency to act on impulse and quietly wander away from their caregivers
- Children drown without a sound
- Children can drown in as little as 1 inch of water
- Nearly 9 in 10 drowning-related deaths occur while a child is being supervised
Teaching your child how to swim can save his or her life!
Click here for a list of YMCA locations that offer Special Needs Swimming Instructions, sorted alphabetically, by State.